Village of Solvay

Go Back

The Village of Solvay was initially founded in 1794 by James Geddes. The village was renamed "Solvay" after 1884, when the Solvay Process Company built a Solvay process plant. The Village of Solvay was incorporated in 1895. At this time the village was rich in industry and we still carry on this tradition today. Nationally recognized companies such as WestRock, Legrand Pass & Seymour, Ben Weitsman and Son continue to have factory locations in this great village. We also pride ourselves on having our own municipal electric company providing quality electric service to our residents. The village is also home to one of the only remaining Carnegie libraries in the country. Pride in our community is our passion as well as a great vision for the future.

Category

Government Agencies

Main Contact

Mayor Derek Baichi

Phone

(315) 468-1670

Fax

(315) 487-1723

Website

www.villageofsolvay.com

Address

1100 Woods Rd.
Solvay, NY 13209