Syracuse Inner Harbor Fest: A New Event in Support of Clear Path For Veterans
Posted on September 20, 2023
SYRACUSE INNER HARBOR FEST: A NEW EVENT IN SUPPORT OF CLEAR PATH FOR VETERANS
A 3-day festival at Syracuse’s Inner Harbor, packed with excitement for all ages
Friday, September 29th – Sunday, October 1st, 2023
Syracuse, NY – In an exciting collaboration, COR Development Company, along with Empower Federal Credit Union, Equitable Advisors, and Limp Lizard present the inaugural Syracuse Inner Harbor Fest, a three-day festival that includes dragon boat racing, live music, food, fireworks, carnival rides, a 5K run, crafts and games, to bring our community together on the water at the Inner Harbor. This event is dedicated to raising funds and awareness for Clear Path for Veterans, a local nonprofit organization committed to supporting veterans, service members and military-connected families.
Highlights of this family-friendly festival include:
- Dragon Boat Eye Doting Ceremony
- Dragon Boat Races on the water (Presented by Equitable)
- Food Trucks
- Blueberries & Lace, Limp Lizard, Baga Bowls on the Go, Pit Stop Taco Shop, The Baked Potato Express, Kiki’s Authentic Greek Food, Oompa Loompyas, Saucy Sandwich
- Craft Beers & Wine Slushies with Ashley Lynn Winery
- Live Musical Entertainment
- Carnival Rides, Treats, & Games with Main Event Amusements
- Fireworks over the Harbor (Presented by Rapid Response Monitoring Services, Inc.)
- Craft Vendors
- Yard Games
- Inner Harbor 5K & 2K Peace Run for Brexi (Presented by It’s About Childhood and Family, Inc.)
"Our goal goes beyond providing a memorable experience. Syracuse Inner Harbor Fest is a true testament to the power of collaboration and community engagement. This festival exemplifies the best of our city – bringing together diverse talents, local businesses, and the community for a meaningful cause. We invite everyone to mark their calendars and join us for three days of fun, camaraderie, and giving back to those who have bravely served our country” said Merissa Lynch, Marketing Manager for COR Development.
"At Clear Path, we are all about community and connection. This event happens to coincide with our 12-year anniversary in service to the veterans, service members, and military-connected families of Central New York. We can think of no better way to commemorate this milestone than to join our friends from COR Development, Empower, Equitable, and Limp Lizard in celebration of the community we all love." said Chris Flaherty, President and Chief Executive Officer for Clear Path for Veterans.
Syracuse Inner Harbor
425 Solar Street
Syracuse, NY 13204
Dragon Boat Team Practices
Wednesday, September 27th – Friday, September 29th
4:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Note: Press and the public are welcome to stop by the Inner Harbor during these practice sessions to witness the dragon boat teams in action as they prepare for the festival.
Friday, September 29th
4:00 PM – 10:00 PM
- 6:00PM: Dragon Boat Eye Dotting Ceremony followed by a traditional Lion Dance with Syracuse Kung Fu: What's the Eye Dotting Ceremony, you ask? A captivating ritual where we awaken the spirit of our majestic dragon boats, ensuring safe and successful races on Saturday September 30th.
- 7:00PM – 9:00PM: Live Music by Walking Buddy
- 9:30PM: Fireworks at the Harbor (Presented by Rapid Response Monitoring Services, Inc.)
Saturday, September 30th
8:30 AM – 10:00 PM
- 9:00AM: Opening Ceremonies
- 9:00AM – 4:00PM: Dragon Boat Races on the water
- Live Music Lineup: JP Shaggy / Born to Run Band / Scars and Stripes
- All Day: SU Football Vs. Clemson Watch Party
Sunday, October 1st
11:00 AM – 7:00 PM
- 9:00AM – 11:00AM: Inner Harbor 5K & 2K Peace Run for Brexi
- Noon – 4:ooPM: DJ Skip Clark with 92.1 The Wolf
- 4:30PM – 7:00PM: Frank + Esce
- All Day: Buffalo Bills Vs. Miami Dolphins Watch Party
Free On-Street Parking: Destiny USA Pink Lots: Sponsored by Destiny USA, additional free off-street parking is available in the pink lots ensures hassle-free access to the event.
General Admission Presale Tickets: Available now at https://thesyracuseinnerharbor.com/
At the Gate: Tickets will also be available for $5.00 at the gate.
Carnival Rides: Please note that carnival rides are available at an additional cost.
Be a spectator (Free): You do not need a general admission ticket for the dragon boat races. We invite the community to join us as spectators, free of charge, for a thrilling day of dragon boat racing and entertainment to support Clear Path for Veterans.
For more information about the festival at the Syracuse Inner Harbor, please visit: https://thesyracuseinnerharbor.com/
Please email email@example.com to participate.
COR Development – Merissa Lynch | firstname.lastname@example.org
Clear Path for Veterans – Ashley Sullivan | email@example.com